TUTS > World Of TUTS

Goodbye Alan. You will be missed.

(1/9) > >>

Rockula:
A sad message from Chris Smith.

''Iím so sorry to say that my dad, Alan Smith, passed away yesterday after a very short and sudden illness.
He died peacefully, at home, surrounded by his family. If youíve got to go thatís the way to do it.
In the last few days he got to see so many of his friends and family, and it was amazing to see all the love being sent his way.''

:'(

Uli:
Very sad news indeed.  :(
Been thinking about him a lot these last few weeks. Met him at Earthbound fan meetings (2007) and London (2009), always a pleasure chatting to him. He really will be missed.

fleagle:
he really was a fantastically nice genuine (gentle)man.
Enthusiastic for gigs anywhere he could - a pleasure to be with, I cant say more than his loss has deeply saddened myself and many others - he really will be missed - big love to his family who themselves have also been part of the TUTs throughout the years. RIP mate. x

jock:
It is with great sadness that i read Chris's post on Facebook a few moments ago regards Alan passing away.  I will miss Alan at Blackpool , his beaming smile as he spotted us somewhere around town or in the venue , and his endless energy going from stage to stage to see more bands from his very long list .       

A sad loss indeed :-( 

My thoughts go to Alans family  at this very sad time .  Condolences to family and to friends alike .

Much love and respect.

Class of 79:
Deeply saddened to hear this news. Alan was a top man. Like Jock said, he always had a beaming smile when he spotted me at a gig. I enjoyed his company, a thoroughly great bloke.
Thoughts with his family at this time.

"Say not in grief that he is no more, but say with thanks that he was"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version