Author Topic: US election  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
US election
« on: November 09, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
Unbelievable for many people I know, Trump has won this election!  :o
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37920175

Well I got the impression many voters did not want Clinton and thus had no other choice... (with her email affairs, receiving money from the weapon industry etc.)  :(

Anyway, what do you TUTS think?
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Re: US election
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:47:38 PM »
I think they're fucked, you're fucked, I'm fucked and we are all fucked.

That's what I think.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/how-did-donald-trump-win-analysis

I think they're fucked...

Ok, somehow I heard this all before, e.g. when Bush (No. 2) was elected for the first and for the 2nd time... the USA survived even him...

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 07:45:48 PM »
I'm rather in agreement with DJ.

March Of The Aints  >:(
Down like a stick...

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 11:08:17 PM »
Well

Clinton was absolutly unelectable, so the other made it. Thats not even a Surprise for me
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »
Clinton was unelectable so they've got a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobe instead.

The Democrats should have backed Sanders.

People wanted an outsider but they got offered the same old same old.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years. Assuming we make it through.

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
The most accurate and in depth analysis of Trump's win so far...and I stand by my previous statement..

https://medium.com/@SnoozeInBrief/an-analysis-of-donald-trumps-election-win-and-the-prospects-for-his-presidency-f6a87eef6d70#.ligbvge4n

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 11:33:58 AM »
Not a good sign, not a good choice...  :(

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/analysis-breitbart-s-steve-bannon-leads-alt-right-white-house-n683316

The most accurate and in depth analysis of Trump's win so far...

;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:23:24 AM »
Wayne Kramer reacts to Trump tweet:

My MC5 band mates and I worked hard to reflect the world we inhabited. Not only in our music, but in every aspect of our performances. Living with the then-current and devastating murders of Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, and Bobby Kennedy, we were always pushing to present the music with power in the times we were living. We would write and perform agitprop as part of our rock show. One night, this involved destroying an American flag as a comment on political assassination.

In those times, our idea was a powerful one, and evidently one that prompted J. Edgar Hoover to reiterate, in his letters to Gerald Ford, that we were a rock band “who breathe revolution.” Yeah, you right.

At the close of our set, we would launch into a free-form improvisation climaxing in lead singer Rob Tyner setting the flag on fire. Then, with the music digging into a disturbing feedback drone, an assassin would run onto the stage and shoot him at close range. In the ensuing chaos, we would remove Tyner to the dressing room while the crowd dealt with what they had just witnessed.

Our promoter Russ Gibb got wind of our street-theater intentions and absolutely forbid a flag burning. Russ was also our sometime benefactor, so it was a heated argument. We ultimately negotiated a flag tearing for later that night. As planned, our “assassin” approached Tyner to fire the starter pistol. The gun jammed. Tyner stood inert, packet of fake blood in hand and the whole thing collapsed, leaving the theatre piece to depart the stage ingloriously.

The audience’s memory of the event was a witless “The MC5 Tore Up A Flag!” sound bite. Not the deeper headline we were hoping for. But in that process, something more important about whom we are as a culture was revealed. Turns out it was never the feigned assassination that upset our critics. It was messing with that flag that really got to them.

Now the President-Elect tweets that citizens who exercise their Constitutional right to express themselves should go to jail and be stripped of their citizenship. If it weren’t obvious that this is another meaningless, self-promoting provocation by a skilled media manipulator, and his willing and malleable media, it would be something to be concerned about. But I don’t believe it is.
Read more here:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7597244/mc5-wayne-kramer-flag-burning-trump-media

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 06:41:05 PM »
Not that Obama was the one they pictured him to be back when he started...
http://yournewswire.com/obama-nobel-peace-prize-bomb-7-countries/

Afghanistan — Despite the announced “end” of the Afghanistan War, significant U.S. military presence in Afghanistan remains. Drones are a frequent presence in Afghan skies. One strike earlier this month killed 12 people, according to Iran’s PressTV.

Iraq — The Obama administration has conducted over 5,000 airstrikes in Iraq and Syria in just the past year, David Lerman reported for Bloomberg Business. Despite ongoing U.S. military involvement, terrorism continues to be a deadly presence in Iraq’s cities.
Etc. etc.

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »
No President, good, bad or average, can be entirely blamed for what happens on their watch.
It's the Senate that really decides.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
I know. But giving him the Nobel peace prize?  :-\

I already said back in 2008 Obama will have to compromise, will be sending out bombers etc.

Trump, on the other hand, has himself already pulled back some of the things he promised he'll do.  ::)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 01:28:47 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/22/donald-trump-vladimir-putn-signal-renewal-nuclear-arms-race/

Trump explicitly declared that he was ready for a new nuclear arms race with Russia and claimed that the United States would win it.

Hm, didn't he say a few months ago he was not for raising the bar when it comes to weaponry?  :-\

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/music/australia-news-blog/2016/dec/29/amanda-palmer-donald-trump-is-going-to-make-punk-rock-great-again

“It’s been a really scary time in America. I don’t know how it’s felt over here [in Australia] for the past few months, but it’s a total shit show over there. Especially if you’re an artist, a woman, a minority, gay – anything but a rich white man – it’s really very scary,” she said.

“But being an optimist ... there is this part of me – especially having studied Weimar Germany extensively – I’m like, ‘This is our moment.’ Donald Trump is going to make punk rock great again. We’re all going to crawl down staircases into basements and speakeasies and make amazing satirically political art.