Author Topic: Rebellion 2019  (Read 1995 times)

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rebellion 2019
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 12:51:18 PM »
So many great bands.. in addition to the ones named above X-Ray Eyes got the festival off to a great start, Dwarves were amazing, Maid Of Ace were very impressive (1st time I'd seen them), HR slowed things down with some old Bad Brains reggae tunes and some newer ones. Great seeing Phil, Peter and Chris again, plus our mates from Munich who are regulars now. I was worried when I saw The Pump and Truncheon had changed owners and is nor called Number 13 but it's still a fine pub. The Brew Room had an excellent range of beers on too and there's a new craft beer bar called Imbibe very close to the venue.
A few things to complain about- this year it was the heat in most of the venues- unbearable at times. The Showsec stewards were real pains in the arse this year too- the one way in one way out rule was brought back even when there were no queues you were still forced to walk to the other side to leave. Also they closed the balcony in the Empress Ballroom for most of the bands (tough shit if you wanted to sit down) and one of the exits was closed meaning it took ages to get out. When the Dwarves finished a few of us decided to go back and watch the last few Damned songs as the venue wasn't due to close then. No chance as they opened a side door and forced everyone outside.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »
Thanks for the reports guys.

Who sang for Eddie and the Hot Rods (0% original members)?!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 06:20:22 PM »
Indeed a good trip, if though for me & Tiggy only 2 days.

As Gareth says, far, far too hot, apparently the radiators were on (not the band) in the main thoroughfare.

Number 13 Bonny street is as good as before, I had invited the Bored Teenagers along and was pleased that BB & Steffan came along, I believe that Marcy was on the roller-coasters.

Talking of Steffan, that motor-bike accident that he had  6 weeks ago, broke his left leg in 6 places from the knee-down, he had a pin inserted and was out of hospital in 2 days and, according to BB, while he was lying on the ground waiting for the ambulance, he rang BB to tell him that he could not make the last BT tour and was fearsome that the tour would not take place.  I know that he was going to seek out Jamie Oliver to buy him a "big drink" to thank him for covering..  Knowing Jamie that would have cost...

In the upstairs hall there was a "Rememberence wall" for those fans who are no longer around.  I duly posted a note for Alan and I heard that there was anoher put up on Friday to him.

And thanks to Peter for providing the set-list for Saturday.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:03 AM »
In the upstairs hall there was a "Rememberence wall" for those fans who are no longer around.  I duly posted a note for Alan and I heard that there was anoher put up on Friday to him.

I think Jock (remember him?) & Carol put one up.
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline claret999

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 10:47:46 PM »
Only went Friday this year due to family commitments over the weekend but it was a great day with a great line-up, TV plays the Adverts, Penetration, UK Subs and The brilliant Stranglers. Brilliant to catch up with Peter, Gareth, Phil and Boris after not being able to make it last year. For me on a personal note Rebellion Just hasn`t been the same since Alan left us and I miss our in depth musical chats, watching the bands with him and the customary 2 or 3 trips to the Indian in between bands, anyway will try to make it for at least 2 days next year !