Author Topic: TV Gigs 2018  (Read 8059 times)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2018
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »
...and Steve/Class will be VERY pleased!

C'mon Notts!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2018, 06:09:56 PM »
Better move back to the Footie thread or Uli will ban us!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 08:25:31 AM »
Not a chance... Unless anyone flips out completely or any trolls (re-)appear, I won't ban anyone. We have maybe 5 regular users left, plus a few who look in from time to time plus a few "read-only". Thus I'd be in danger of being all alone if I'd ban the rest of you here...  ::)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
Well, if you put it like that - ya sucks boo to you!

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2018, 10:41:55 AM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2018, 07:35:26 PM »
Excellent show at the Rising Sun Arts Centre Reading on Friday (and what a great venue) despite some technical problems at the start. No "Back From The Dead" for this Easter gig but 5 of the new songs and a rare outing of "My Place".
Set list:
Only One Flavour
No Time To Be 21
No Control
We Stand Alone
Replay
I Delete
Lion & The Lamb
My Place
The Drink
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
Land Of The Overdose
No Hope Street
My String Will Snap
Keys To The World
Generation Y
Gary Gilmore's Eyes
Bored Teenagers
One Chord Wonders
Good Times Are Back
Runaway Train Driver

A good crowd despite the bad weather and well worth the long drive also nice to have a chat with Paul North.
All being well, I'll be back in Reading later in the year for the TV support to The Skids.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »
Thanks for that Alan - glad you enjoyed it!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
Not a chance... Unless anyone flips out completely or any trolls (re-)appear, I won't ban anyone. We have maybe 5 regular users left, plus a few who look in from time to time plus a few "read-only". Thus I'd be in danger of being all alone if I'd ban the rest of you here...  ::)

I think we all predicted this when Faceb**k joined the March of the Giants. At least the twats haven't got my data as I never joined the pile of poo!

We need a recruitment drive. Does anyone have any TV SM!TH pens or vegan sweets we could sell door-to-door?

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »

We need a recruitment drive. Does anyone have any TV SM!TH pens or vegan sweets we could sell door-to-door?
Might struggle with the sweets if they are only one flavour!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2018, 10:04:06 PM »
Not if they've just had a Sugar Crash and need a refill! People will impulse buy anything then!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 08:31:12 AM »
Well, I did join FB, at first to stay in touch with people from UK/US and so on. Also with time it became kinda important to find info on gigs, album releases etc. Then I started posting my photos there (some people even "like" them!)...

Klaus wanted to update the forum to "link" it with FB and so on, didn't he? Can only be a few years from now!

Excellent show at the Rising Sun Arts Centre Reading on Friday (and what a great venue) despite some technical problems at the start. No "Back From The Dead" for this Easter gig but 5 of the new songs and a rare outing of "My Place".

Thanks for the report! 5 new songs is pretty good imo! You could think a new album might be on the way, eh?  :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:35:39 AM by Uli »

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2018, 12:11:15 PM »
2 more great gigs at Boro and York- the York one was as good a solo performance as I've ever seen from TV. Arturo played a great set in York too. Good to see TV, Sally, Alan G, Craig Casson, TJ and a nice surprise when Phil showed up in York. TJ said that last year I told him to get back on the forum; he's still thinking about it. Good turnout in York- I was pleased for promoter Chris who had a good night the previous friday when 999 pulled a big crowd at The Brudenell. For some reason I'd missed the last couple of times TV played in boro and this was the first time I'd seen him there since The Explorers played the Rock Garden in 1981!
Boro: no control/ we stand alone/ 1 flavour/ 21/ keys to the world/ delete/ replay/ lion & lamb/ expensive/ immortal/ mistake/ new church/ already written out/ my string/ gen y/ no hope st/ GGE/ teenagers/ 1 chord/ arms of my enemy/ runaway train.

York: no control/ we stand alone/ 1 flavour/ 21/ tomahawk/ keys to the world/ replay/ coming in to land/ delete/ lion & lamb/ new church/ we who wait/ my place/ expensive/ immortal/ mistake/ no hope st/ land of the overdose/ my string/ gen y/ drink/ big fish/ good times/ GGE/ teenagers/ 1 chord/ tvs over/ runaway train
See you in Wakefield.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:20:36 PM by GJ »

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2018, 12:19:11 PM »
Indeed a great evening in York.  Good to put a face to Alan's name and meet Craig (and you GJ)  and also T.J. (remember him!)

I have always loved York, so the plan was to visit the railway museum, but this fell through after a afternoon visit to the Railway tap at the station and meeting up with a few old Ex BR colleagues.

As GJ has said another excellent set by TV, 90 mins of class, I just hope that TJ & myself didn't disgrace ourselves (too much!)

A few more appearances planned over the coming weeks, so may see you there!!!!
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2018, 09:52:35 PM »
Anyone going to Peterborough on Thursday?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2018, 08:24:17 AM »
Thanks for the reviews & setlists, folks. That's what this forum is there for. Can't see much of that on FB.

Anyone going to Peterborough on Thursday?

You?  ;)