Author Topic: TV Gigs 2018  (Read 15060 times)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TV Gigs 2018
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2018, 12:57:57 PM »
My list updated now.

36 songs now not played live.  That's the above list, plus It Don't Work, A Step Back, plus "Crash-Landing" LP
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
That's the above list, plus It Don't Work, A Step Back, plus "Crash-Landing" LP

Wow, so he really played many (nearly all) of his songs for us!  :)

There are a few I've never heard live, e.g. "No message please". I'd love to hear "A step back" - in Augsburg at EB 2013 he wanted to play the whole album for us, so I guess I heard it there. However the setlist is "lost", because Klaus never "released" the film he made (at least he could've watched it and taken note of the setlist)!  :(
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2018, 11:25:28 AM »
That's the above list, plus It Don't Work, A Step Back, plus "Crash-Landing" LP

Wow, so he really played many (nearly all) of his songs for us!  :)

There are a few I've never heard live, e.g. "No message please". I'd love to hear "A step back" - in Augsburg at EB 2013 he wanted to play the whole album for us, so I guess I heard it there. However the setlist is "lost", because Klaus never "released" the film he made (at least he could've watched it and taken note of the setlist)!  :(

Now, now, that would be too much to ask..  The same goes for the Alt Johann gig this year...
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »
My list updated now.

36 songs now not played live.  That's the above list, plus It Don't Work, A Step Back, plus "Crash-Landing" LP

It dont work was played, together with Vom also, i was there (must be somehow in Düsseldorf Pitcher) but never Solo. I wouldnt count the Crash Landing here, it was mostly translation
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
Now, now, that would be too much to ask..  The same goes for the Alt Johann gig this year...

Sorry to hear this.
Btw, I just had a look at some setlists and it's nice to see some additions from you, like "700th time played" - good job!
Sorry for having to tell you: setlist for Sep 29th has a mistake in it: "No hope street" is listed twice.

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »

Sorry to hear this.
Btw, I just had a look at some setlists and it's nice to see some additions from you, like "700th time played" - good job!
Sorry for having to tell you: setlist for Sep 29th has a mistake in it: "No hope street" is listed twice.

The set list published came from Tim himself, I did think that it was strange, but who am I to disagree..  Plus you were there Uli, so it has been amended.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »
My list updated now.

It dont work was played, together with Vom also, i was there (must be somehow in Düsseldorf Pitcher) but never Solo. I wouldnt count the Crash Landing here, it was mostly translation

Don't work has been played 5 times live, and yes at The Pitcher (22.11.14), so that can now come of the to play list.  I have also amended my list to not include Crash Landing. 
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
As i know some Songs like "Beat up your Boyfriends" or "In my World of Words" are lost.

Headhunters was lost too, but i found it on an Old Tape. I dont know anything about the 3 Sleaze unrealeased Songs, only that TV said that "Signals was pretty nice"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:25:23 PM by Gabumon »

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2018, 03:09:13 PM »
As i know some Songs like "Beat up your Boyfriends" or "In my World of Words" are lost.

Headhunters was lost too, but i found it on an Old Tape. I dont know anything about the 3 Sleaze unrealeased Songs, only that TV said that "Signals was pretty nice"

Maybe one day at an Earthbound (remember them?)
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2018, 08:31:46 PM »
Was "Headhunters" ever performed by TV solo?

Maybe one day at an Earthbound (remember them?)

Yeah, I have a distant memory of them...  ;)

Thanks for fixing things with the setlists!  :)
Btw:
There is one song (or more?) which was played live a few times I think (around 2003?), called "Fix It", but was never recorded/released, I think. (?)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:35:52 PM by Uli »

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
Headhunters was played by TV Solo and TVOM also

Around 2011, like Neuss Dr. John (with Vom) or Nijmegen 29.9. Solo. And also by Cheap, but i have no recording of that

Fix It was played at Elland 9. Sept. 2006 also 17.9.2006 Essen. I think thats the only 2 times, so in fact there is a Recording of Fix it, also The Revolution's the Same was played on both gigs, that was a Heavy Month, with TV in Brühl, Elland, Doncaster, Leeds, Essen :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:18:56 AM by Gabumon »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2018, 12:04:18 PM »

Around 2011, like Neuss Dr. John (with Vom) or Nijmegen 29.9. Solo. And also by Cheap, but i have no recording of that

Fix It was played at Elland 9. Sept. 2006 also 17.9.2006 Essen. I think thats the only 2 times, so in fact there is a Recording

Alright, so you have a live recording of it! (I meant studio/official release, but never mind.)  8)

Thanks for the info, you're always well informed when it comes to "rare" songs.

The Revolution's the Same was played on both gigs

Yeah, I do remember that from Essen (had forgotten about Fix It, long time ago etc.)!  :)
I still drink tea from the cup which Klaus had designed & ordered for us at EB 2006.  8)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »

Fix It was played at Elland 9. Sept. 2006 also 17.9.2006 Essen. I think thats the only 2 times, so in fact there is a Recording of Fix it, also The Revolution's the Same was played on both gigs, that was a Heavy Month, with TV in Brühl, Elland, Doncaster, Leeds, Essen :D

Fix It has been played Twice
Headhunters 25 times

Mik Heslin (Cheap) still has his diaries from Cheap days, currently in storage (he has just returned from USA I believe), he is digging them out for me in the new year, so hopefully,, more gigs and set-lists from those days to come..
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2018, 02:08:05 PM »
Mik Heslin (Cheap) still has his diaries from Cheap days, currently in storage (he has just returned from USA I believe), he is digging them out for me in the new year, so hopefully,, more gigs and set-lists from those days to come..

i hope he gonna find some Tapes too  ;D

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »

i hope he gonna find some Tapes too  ;D

One thing at a time....  See you Friday..
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable