Author Topic: TV gigs 2019  (Read 9809 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV gigs 2019
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »
Thanks to Alan G. for the first review of the year!  :)

I Looked at the Sun was already played at some Earthbounds and 1 Times in Australia

But were they acoustic?

Probably, all EB were "acoustic" and he toured solo in Australia (possibly encore with a band somewhere - but certainly not the "rare" songs)!
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »
I looked at the Sun is still the most Rare Adverts Song

https://www.facebook.com/events/229691411243841/

They want 40! Euro per Gig. Thats way to expensive for me. If you do both gigs you have the Price of 1 Robbie Williams gig  :o
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 01:24:43 PM »
Rising Sun Centre, Reading announced for 25th October.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
Mini-tour of Spain of September with the Teenagers...
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 11:13:07 AM »
Coming shortly, review of last night/mornings gig in Hamburg.   Special surprise appearance on one song...
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 02:30:55 PM »
Coming shortly, review of last night/mornings gig in Hamburg.

Excellent, looking forward to that when I get back on - no hurry, I'll be going out into the sunshine (spring has arrived).  8)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 07:32:02 PM »
So, a visit to the German trade Fair in London in January saw me at the Hamburg desk and Miniturland attraction (basically a model railway +), well there was a offer of a couple of free tickets, so who am I to be churlish to turn them down.  So when to go... enough said, and off we went.. £75 return with BA.. bargain. Excellent flight with BA and we actually landed in Hamburg (let's see who gets that comment!) Friday daytime was spent walking around heading in the general area of the harbour, ready for a booked visit at 1430.  We actually arrived just over a hour early, but no problems getting.in. 4 hours later we are still walking around, it is super. Back to the hotel to change and then off to the Monkey Club. Very easy to find, near to Fabrik in the Altona area of the city. The event was to celebrate Kevin's birthday, and he had invited Les Carter, Duncan Reid and TV to the party, which was labelled The Full English and bollox to Brexit.   Opening the proceedings at 2115 was Les and His latest offering Smokin Donuts.. a 2-hander with Doozer Mcdeeze, a 45 min set, finishing with Sheriff Fatman, one of my favourite CUSM songs. Duncan was next a 1 hour 15 set, with oodles of energy from a talented (and attractive band). Approx 1130, TV was up, he & Sally had been at the Hosen Film nearby and were taken aback by our presence and that of two other Brits who were European virgins as far as TV was concerned. Well 26 songs were forthcoming, eagerly lapped up by the knowledgeable Hamburgers,.. so the list was Flavour, 21, Control, Stand Alone, Keys, CITL, What If, Replay, Delete, Lion, Satellites, Expensive, Imm, GBM, No Hope, Sheep, Drink, Pushed (with Campino), Gen, String, GGE, BT, OCW,  Overdose, Useless & RTD were the 3 encores.   So Campino.. wow, have always been a DTH fan since meeting Vom. Andreas from the band was also there and had a chance for a quick word.  Oh the time was 0110.  Also a nice piece of Merch was obtained... Sally has made Jewelry from Tim's broken strings, which are very nice (plug over Sally) get em while available.. I have asked her for stuff suitable for men... So who knows... Maybe a pendant, ring..... Let's see.   So that is the ramblings of your ertswhile scribe, will get the list up in its rightful place on Monday....  Oh yes I forgot to mention, both Campino &Tim forgot the lyrics of the 4th verse of Pushed... Tsk,Tsk say I.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:06:25 PM by EastKentTaff »
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2019, 09:57:51 AM »
Wow, Campino as special guest, cool. (Not so cool about forgetting part of the lyrics, but never mind...)

Excellent flight with BA and we actually landed in Hamburg (let's see who gets that comment!)

Yeah, could've been Edinburgh, eh?  ::)

So Campino.. wow, have always been a DTH fan since meeting Vom. Andreas from the band was also there and had a chance for a quick word.

That's a bit confusing, because I think Campino's real name is Andreas as well. I think there are several of them in the band...  ;)

Thanks for the review & setlist!  8)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 12:10:28 PM »
 Andreas Muherer
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »
TV makes the news:
https://www.mopo.de/hamburg/ausgehen/musik---partys/geheim-auftritt-in-hamburger-club-und-mit-einem-mal-steht-campino-auf-der-buehne--32303018
Während Punk-Songwriter T.V. Smith auf der Bühne steht und den Song „Pushed Again“ der Toten Hosen anstimmt, betritt mit einem Mal ein Mann die Bühne und drängelt sich neben Smith ans Mikrofon. Es ist kein Geringerer als Campino, der Frontmann der Toten Hosen!

Nach wenigen Sekunden bemerkt auch das Publikum, wer sich da gerade ans Mikrofon geschwungen hat. Den Rest des Songs performen Smith und Campino dann gemeinsam – das passt. Denn den Text zu „Pushed Again“ haben beide nämlich ebenfalls zusammen geschrieben.

Andreas Muherer

Doesn't help me one bit. Is he the bass player? He's called Andi I think. The guitarists have the stage names Breiti and Kuddel, probably their real names are "Andreas" too.  ;)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »
Oh, I love Google Translate - and The Dead Pants!

"Secret performance in Hamburg Club And once on Campino is on stage!

Ottensen - There are Evenings that simply get stuck in the Memory. Guests experienced One on Friday at the Monkeys Music Club. While punk songwriter T.V. Smith is on stage tuning The Dead Pants ' Song "Pushed Again," one time a Man takes the Stage and pushed his way to the Microphone next to Smith. It's none Other than Campino, the Frontman of The Dead Pants!

And otherwise, Too, Smith and the Dead Hosen have long had a Friendship that dates back to the 1990s. The British Musician took part in some Of the texts of the Dusseldorf. So It can be assumed that at least Smith may not have been completely puzzled by the Support in the Monkeys.

And Campino wasn't entirely by accident in Hamburg, either. On Friday, he presented the Documentary "Because You Only Live Once," showing the Dead Pants on their Tour in 2018, in the Zeise cinemas."

Mind, you, I quite like The Dead Hosen too!

TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:39 PM »
TV makes the news:
https://www.mopo.de/hamburg/ausgehen/musik---partys/geheim-auftritt-in-hamburger-club-und-mit-einem-mal-steht-campino-auf-der-buehne--32303018
Während Punk-Songwriter T.V. Smith auf der Bühne steht und den Song „Pushed Again“ der Toten Hosen anstimmt, betritt mit einem Mal ein Mann die Bühne und drängelt sich neben Smith ans Mikrofon. Es ist kein Geringerer als Campino, der Frontmann der Toten Hosen!

Nach wenigen Sekunden bemerkt auch das Publikum, wer sich da gerade ans Mikrofon geschwungen hat. Den Rest des Songs performen Smith und Campino dann gemeinsam – das passt. Denn den Text zu „Pushed Again“ haben beide nämlich ebenfalls zusammen geschrieben.

Andreas Muherer

Doesn't help me one bit. Is he the bass player? He's called Andi I think. The guitarists have the stage names Breiti and Kuddel, probably their real names are "Andreas" too.  ;)

Yes Bass.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »
Oh, I love Google Translate - and The Dead Pants!

"Secret performance in Hamburg Club And once on Campino is on stage!

Ottensen - There are Evenings that simply get stuck in the Memory. Guests experienced One on Friday at the Monkeys Music Club. While punk songwriter T.V. Smith is on stage tuning The Dead Pants ' Song "Pushed Again," one time a Man takes the Stage and pushed his way to the Microphone next to Smith. It's none Other than Campino, the Frontman of The Dead Pants!

And otherwise, Too, Smith and the Dead Hosen have long had a Friendship that dates back to the 1990s. The British Musician took part in some Of the texts of the Dusseldorf. So It can be assumed that at least Smith may not have been completely puzzled by the Support in the Monkeys.

And Campino wasn't entirely by accident in Hamburg, either. On Friday, he presented the Documentary "Because You Only Live Once," showing the Dead Pants on their Tour in 2018, in the Zeise cinemas."

Mind, you, I quite like The Dead Hosen too!

Tim was surprised that Campino took to the stage.  He had been doing a Q & A after the film, but no mention of him going to the gig.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 06:56:18 PM »
Friday May 10th, The Victoria, Swindon now on ENTS24.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 06:57:21 PM »