Author Topic: TV gigs 2019  (Read 13593 times)

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: TV gigs 2019
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 08:17:33 PM »
TV makes the news:
https://www.mopo.de/hamburg/ausgehen/musik---partys/geheim-auftritt-in-hamburger-club-und-mit-einem-mal-steht-campino-auf-der-buehne--32303018
Während Punk-Songwriter T.V. Smith auf der Bühne steht und den Song „Pushed Again“ der Toten Hosen anstimmt, betritt mit einem Mal ein Mann die Bühne und drängelt sich neben Smith ans Mikrofon. Es ist kein Geringerer als Campino, der Frontmann der Toten Hosen!

Nach wenigen Sekunden bemerkt auch das Publikum, wer sich da gerade ans Mikrofon geschwungen hat. Den Rest des Songs performen Smith und Campino dann gemeinsam – das passt. Denn den Text zu „Pushed Again“ haben beide nämlich ebenfalls zusammen geschrieben.

Andreas Muherer

Doesn't help me one bit. Is he the bass player? He's called Andi I think. The guitarists have the stage names Breiti and Kuddel, probably their real names are "Andreas" too.  ;)

Die Toten Hosen sind:
Kuddel = Andreas von Holst
Andy = Andreas Meurer
Breiti= Michael Breitkopf
Campino  = Andreas Frege
Vom Ritchie =Steven George Ritchie

Grüße
Ilona
Who the fuck is Elvis?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2019, 08:22:56 AM »
See, they're almost all named Andreas.  ;)  :D

Danke @ Ilove!
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »
Tim was surprised that Campino took to the stage.  He had been doing a Q & A after the film, but no mention of him going to the gig.

I would say that Campino dont want to have those Cinema visitors follow him to a gig where he wanted to have some fun.

I would have done the same...
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 02:47:08 PM »
Ents24 now showing dates in Exeter and Plymouth on the 7th and 8th of November respectively:

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/tv-smith

TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »
Lotsa work the last 2 weeks, so time was flying a bit... now I find myself only 2 days away from the next TV gig!  :o

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
Lotsa work the last 2 weeks, so time was flying a bit... now I find myself only 2 days away from the next TV gig!  :o

Enjoy...
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »
Enjoy...

I did!  8)

First of all: review & setlist will be coming soon.

Location: P8, not easy to find. It's in "Pennsylvaniastrasse", which points to it being former US military buildings, now re-used for all kinds of stuff. When I finally found the street, I couldn't spot the location, so I parked the car and got out, looking for a number 8. I saw a letterbox with a 7 on it, so it couldn't be far. Indeed, behind this building I could see a few people standing outside, two of them being Ilove & Wolfgang! Finally I'd made it...
Here's how it looked (no sign, no direction - see the white tent at the back? There is the "P8" club):

Pic from the gig:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:05:24 AM by Uli »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
This is the (confirmed) setlist.
I sent it to TV ("That looks just about right") and he pointed out a few corrections.

Karlsruhe, P8, May 2nd 2019

True Believers
First One To Sign Up
No Control
No Time To Be 21
We Stand Alone
This Year, Next Year
2nd Class Citizens
Replay
I Delete
Lion & the Lamb
Bring the Bull Down
Useless
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
No Hope Street
Last Lost Sheep
The Drink
Pushed Again
Generation Y
Land Of The Overdose
Gary Gilmore's Eyes
Bored Teenagers
One Chord Wonders

Only One Flavour
Runaway Train Driver

When I finally find the club I say "hello" to Ilove & Wolfgang, good to see them again. (Later, I see Meike in the audience, always nice to meet some TUTS.)
Inside, I am prepared to pay, but I'm told it is a kind of "members only" show, so I'm asked to fill in the membership form; apparently you can get a refund when you return within a week (I guess I won't, it's just too far)!
Well, if I can get to see TV and two support acts for only 10 Euro, of course I'll be the first one to sign up!  ;)  ;D
After this is done, I get to say "hi" to Sally and Tim, always nice to see them.

A support band ("The Beltroses" from Freiburg) is alreay playing, they do rather quiet, acoustic folk & gospel & country-flavoured stuff (guitar, banjo...), including the traditional "Ain't no grave".
After them it's a project called "From 7 to 7" (from Frankfurt), also playing folk & country stuff, including a nice cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Roses".

To fit into this "scene", TV starts his gig with what he calls his (kind of) "gospel" song "True Believers", which is a great idea!
What follows are a few "rarities", mixed up with new songs and "the hits". For me it's special to hear "First one to sign up", "This year, next year", "Second Class Citizens", "Bring the bull down" etc.!
The show is full of energy and the audience do a good job of singing along to "The Drink".
The first encore "Only 1 Flavour" is played after someone shouts for it.
Afterwards, everyone seems happy with this gig.  8)

While I've been too busy enjoying the concert to take notes, when it's over I go out to my car, trying to put down the setlist on a piece of paper. Soon I go back inside, to get help from TV, he can fill in a few blanks.
Sally has made some beautiful pieces out of TV's used guitar strings (on offer at the merch table), one day I'll buy one for a special person, I hope.  :)

After a drive of 1,5 hours I'm finally in my hometown, where I see a police car... of course I'm the only driver here in the resident streets, so they do pull me over, wanna see my driver's licence etc. I only had one little beer, so everything's OK and they finally let me go...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:43:42 PM by Uli »

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »
This is the (confirmed) setlist.
I sent it to TV ("That looks just about right") and he pointed out a few corrections.

Karlsruhe, P8, May 2nd 2019

True Believers
First One To Sign Up
No Control
No Time To Be 21
We Stand Alone
This Year, Next Year
2nd Class Citizens
Replay
I Delete
Lion & the Lamb
Bring the Bull Down
Useless
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
No Hope Street
Last Lost Sheep
The Drink
Pushed Again
Generation Y
Land Of The Overdose
Gary Gilmore's Eyes
Bored Teenagers
One Chord Wonders

Only One Flavour
Runaway Train Driver

When I finally find the club I say "hello" to Ilove & Wolfgang, good to see them again. (Later, I see Meike in the audience, always nice to meet some TUTS.)
Inside, I am prepared to pay, but I'm told it is a kind of "members only" show, so I'm asked to fill in the membership form; apparently you can get a refund when you return within a week (I guess I won't, it's just too far)!
Well, if I can get to see TV and two support acts for only 10 Euro, of course I'll be the first one to sign up!  ;)  ;D
After this is done, I get to say "hi" to Sally and Tim, always nice to see them.

A support band ("The Beltroses" from Freiburg) is alreay playing, they do rather quiet, acoustic folk & gospel & country-flavoured stuff (guitar, banjo...), including the traditional "Ain't no grave".
After them it's a project called "From 7 to 7" (from Frankfurt), also playing folk & country stuff, including a nice cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Roses".

To fit into this "scene", TV starts his gig with what he calls his (kind of) "gospel" song "True Believers", which is a great idea!
What follows are a few "rarities", mixed up with new songs and "the hits". For me it's special to hear "First one to sign up", "This year, next year", "Second Class Citizens", "Bring the bull down" etc.!
The show is full of energy and the audience do a good job of singing along to "The Drink".
The first encore "Only 1 Flavour" is played after someone shouts for it.
Afterwards, everyone seems happy with this gig.  8)

While I've been too busy enjoying the concert to take notes, when it's over I go out to my car, trying to put down the setlist on a piece of paper. Soon I go back inside, to get help from TV, he can fill in a few blanks.
Sally has made some beautiful pieces out of TV's used guitar strings (on offer at the merch table), one day I'll buy one for a special person, I hope.  :)

After a drive of 1,5 hours I'm finally in my hometown, where I see a police car... of course I'm the only driver here in the resident streets, so they do pull me over, wanna see my driver's licence etc. I only had one little beer, so everything's OK and they finally let me go...

Thank you Uli.  list about to be put up.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2019, 10:48:58 PM »
Nice to see 2nd Class Citizien back on the List.

Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
Nice to see 2nd Class Citizien back on the List.

TV has so many good songs on his albums, it's always great to hear some old ones re-introduced to the set!  8)

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 02:19:56 PM »
Swindon - The Vic 10/05/19

Last Friday saw me making the trip to Swindon for a rare (so far this year) UK gig by TV (perhaps I should move to Germany?!).
After braving thunderstorms, hail, heavy rain (my previous TV gig was in Southend during the Easter heatwave), the everpresent roadworks on our wonderful motorway system and Swindon town centre parking, I finally booked into my hotel and after a quick snack set off to the venue.
The Vic is a nice sized room at the back of a pub with a decent stage and sound system. After a quick word with Tim & Sally it was time for the show. The original listing was for The Charred Hearts to headline but after TV was added, they dropped down the bill. First up were Rage DC billing themselves as "Loud & Lairy punk rock" which I guess they were and the singer and guitarist certainly looked the part although having a Freddie Mercury lookalike on drums did detract from the image!
Next came The Charred Hearts "punk rock since 1981" (although they did disband for a large part of the last 38 years) who although they were from Swindon (and obviously had lots of local fans) for some reason didn't want to associate themselves with the local scene - perhaps they just didn't like XTC?
Finally came the man who I'd travelled 170 miles to see looking resplendant with his new furry guitar strap (it does match the trousers!). After all his years in the "biz" TV had finally been given his own button to the smoke machine although it was largely unused due to male multi-tasking syndrome i.e being unable to sing, play guitar, stamp his feet and press the button at the same time! This withstanding, what followed was up to the usual high standards with a set list as follows (this saves me typing it out again for you Phil):

Only One Flavour
No Time To Be 21
No Control
Green Zone
Coming In To Land
Replay
I Delete
Lion & The Lamb
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
Tomahawk Cruise
No Hope Street
Last Lost Sheep
The Drink
My String Will Snap
Generation Y
Land Of The Overdose
Gary Gilmore's Eyes (with The Charred Hearts' singer on additional vocals)
Bored Teenagers
One Chord Wonders (with a female member of the audience on "we don't give a damns")
Runaway Train Driver

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2019, 02:37:36 PM »
Many thanks for that Alan.

I'm sure it would be a fake-fur guitar strap!

Furry trousers??!!??
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »
Swindon - The Vic 10/05/19

Last Friday saw me making the trip to Swindon for a rare (so far this year) UK gig by TV (perhaps I should move to Germany?!).
After braving thunderstorms, hail, heavy rain (my previous TV gig was in Southend during the Easter heatwave), the everpresent roadworks on our wonderful motorway system and Swindon town centre parking, I finally booked into my hotel and after a quick snack set off to the venue.
The Vic is a nice sized room at the back of a pub with a decent stage and sound system. After a quick word with Tim & Sally it was time for the show. The original listing was for The Charred Hearts to headline but after TV was added, they dropped down the bill. First up were Rage DC billing themselves as "Loud & Lairy punk rock" which I guess they were and the singer and guitarist certainly looked the part although having a Freddie Mercury lookalike on drums did detract from the image!
Next came The Charred Hearts "punk rock since 1981" (although they did disband for a large part of the last 38 years) who although they were from Swindon (and obviously had lots of local fans) for some reason didn't want to associate themselves with the local scene - perhaps they just didn't like XTC?
Finally came the man who I'd travelled 170 miles to see looking resplendant with his new furry guitar strap (it does match the trousers!). After all his years in the "biz" TV had finally been given his own button to the smoke machine although it was largely unused due to male multi-tasking syndrome i.e being unable to sing, play guitar, stamp his feet and press the button at the same time! This withstanding, what followed was up to the usual high standards with a set list as follows (this saves me typing it out again for you Phil):

Only One Flavour
No Time To Be 21
No Control
Green Zone
Coming In To Land
Replay
I Delete
Lion & The Lamb
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
Tomahawk Cruise
No Hope Street
Last Lost Sheep
The Drink
My String Will Snap
Generation Y
Land Of The Overdose
Gary Gilmore's Eyes (with The Charred Hearts' singer on additional vocals)
Bored Teenagers
One Chord Wonders (with a female member of the audience on "we don't give a damns")
Runaway Train Driver

Thanks Alan
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »
Many thanks for that Alan.

I'm sure it would be a fake-fur guitar strap!

Furry trousers??!!??
Sorry Fred, perhaps I should have said that it was striped as well as furry and that I was assured that no zebra were harmed in it's making.
"Furry Trousers" - wasn't that a single by Madness?!