Author Topic: Not A Bad Tour (TV and Garden Gang in May 2003)  (Read 84109 times)

Offline HosenFan

• Bored Teenager
    • ICQ Messenger - 320709888
    • View Profile
    • Email
Not A Bad Tour (TV and Garden Gang in May 2003)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2003, 01:52:37 PM »
sounds great  :)
I was at the gigs in Mainz and Wiesbaden (thanks to Klaus  :D  :D ). They were also great, but TV didn't want to play "fix it"  :(

I like the songs together with the garden gang (very nice persons by the way :) ) - especially only one flavour. :D  what do you think kaenga, lari, sloopy or loki :?:
They'll tell you that they love you, like a spider loves a fly.
Promise you you're safe but never look you in the eye.

Offline Lari77

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2003, 03:41:34 PM »
Quote from: "Kaenga"
Lari it was a great time with you, very friendly, hoppe you arived safetly back home and hoppe to meet you soon again.

wow :oops: what a compliment - by the way: you're even friendlier and i hope that we'll meet again soon, too :!:

yes, i came back home, but i'm still not tired 8O - shouldn't have tried that black coffee at the 11er :evil:

the show was great, i also like the garden gang (bought their record and going to listen to it right now) and tv was as usual marvellous and superb :D

:mrgreen:
nce you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat.

Offline Kaenga

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.beepworld.de/members59/chaos-kaenga/
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2003, 07:20:04 PM »
Great Lari to hear from you and that yor arrived save, not tired, i am sooooooooo tired .
Yes hoppe soon to meet again.

Lari did you know get what they told TV with the Fish, i still very puzzled and dont get it out of my head. :-)

@ Hosenfan yes the songs with Garden Gang where great, special Only one Flavour, wow.
And every one was going mad.  
Great that you liked the gigs in Mainz and Wi., i heard that Wi was a bit late night.

@ Sloopy , Loki everything o.k?

Kaenga
------------------------------------------------------
Music is security.
Music is my life , helps me to survive.

Wo ich bin herrscht das Chaos doch zum Glück bin ich nicht überall!!!

Offline Lari77

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2003, 10:30:34 AM »
no, haven't found out yet :?  i'm puzzled too... :?:  :!:  :?:

@hosenfan: why did you want to hear 'fix it' - and by the way: what is 'fix it' about - do i know that song :?:

Lari - who is now even more confused :?  :mrgreen:  :|  :?
nce you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat.

Offline Kaenga

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2003, 10:52:12 AM »
So we are both confussed about Fr.
Is her someone how can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know about fix it or ether............., hmm think.

Back to think about tha puzzel pice.

Kaenga
Music is security.

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2003, 11:02:49 AM »
Quote from: "Kaenga"

Great that you liked the gigs in Mainz and Wi., i heard that Wi was a bit late night.

There were four bands on the bill!
And the first band started at around 21:45.
Garden Gang was on stage at 23:45.
TV finished at around 02:30.

That's what makes me a bit angry about those punk-organized gigs.
They behave completely ignorant towards people which have to work or go to school on the other day.

Klaus
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline Lari77

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2003, 01:03:58 PM »
i know, klaus, in frankfurt they should have started at 21.00, but when garden gang was on stage it was about 22.30 (or even later, i cannot quite remember), but if i'd known that before, i'd taken the train 2 hours later with only one change :!:
and for a lot of people it's simply too late and they can't stay to the end and have to leave earlier  :(
but on the other hand it's good for people, who don't have any room to stay at night and who's train is leaving at 5 o'clock in the morning :wink:

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
great
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2003, 01:12:16 PM »
Great to hear you could go, Kaenga, finally you did see TV :!:  I'm happy for you!  :D

Krümelmonster, welcome here, don't forget to give us a review of Düsseldorf!   :)

I'm still looking forward to the gigs in late May down here in the south...  :roll:
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Kaenga

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2003, 03:12:36 PM »
But what is the clue for them to start so late, i dont get it.......
 there was no reason for it in Frankfurt. And around  1.15 i was so tired..............
Yes Lari Garden Gang started at 23.00 Uhr.

There must be something special about playing at Geisterstunde :-(
If you going to  a punk concert in argentina, i heard the start often at 2-or 3 clock in the night.

Thanks Uli so am i.
The best for you for the gigs in south.

Kaenga
Music is security.

Offline loki

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2003, 03:32:46 PM »
Hallo Allerseits!

Nur ganz kurz - weil total müde und k.o.
Ich bin prima wieder zu Hause angekommen - ohne Stau (im Gegensatz zur Hinfahrt, wo ich für 550 km 7 Stunden gebraucht habe!) oder sonstige Unannehmlichkeiten. Die Nacht im Auto habe ich auch so leidlich überstanden (es war doch ziemlich kalt) - war jedoch nach einem heißen Bad und ein paar Stunden erholsamen Schlaf in einem richtigen Bett schnell vergessen.

Die Konzerte in FFM und Bad Hersfeld waren beide klasse, letzteres gefiel mir persönlich sogar noch etwas besser. Und das lag nicht allein an "Roll Like A River"!  :wink:
Obwohl ich mich natürlich riesig gefreut habe, als der Song kam.

Über FFM wurde ja schon einiges geschrieben, also noch schnell ein paar Worte zu HEF.
Da insgesamt 3 Acts auf die Bühne sollten, ging es relativ zeitig los - ich denke es war so gegen kurz nach 21:00 Uhr. Erschlagt mich, aber ich habe nicht ständig auf die Uhr gesehen. Auf jeden Fall gaben GG auf der Bühne wie immer volle Power und sind auch beim Publikum gut angekommen. Die zweite Band (ich glaube es waren Fucking Faces ???? - wer kann helfen?) habe ich leider verpennt ääähm verquatscht.  :(
Na wenigstens habe ich dann T.V.s Start mitbekommen und es war einfach super. Zum Schluß kamen GG noch gemeinsam mit T.V. auf die Bühne und obwohl eigentlich um punkt 00:00 Schluß sein sollte gab es gegen viertel eins dann noch eine Solo-Zugabe von T.V.  Und zu guter letzt kamen GG erneut noch einmal kurz mit auf die Bühne.
Alles in allem 2 super Konzerte, aber irgendwie zu kurz, wie immer!  :wink:
Nee, nee - war schon okay so! Ich glaube, T.V. könnte 4 Stunden auf die Bühne gehen und man hätte immer noch das Gefühl, daß dieser und jener tolle Song fehlt! Wie das halt so ist, wenn jemand so viele gute Stücke auf Lager hat.

Zum Schluß noch liebe Grüße an Kaenga, Sloopy, Lari und Michael aus Giessen (der im Herzen Paulaner ist  :wink: ). War nett Euch kennen zu lernen und ich hoffe, man sieht sich auf dem einen oder anderen Konzert mal wieder!  :) Und liebe Grüße gehen auch in die Schweiz zu Mariann und Rene! Vielleicht klappt es ja mit Berlin Renè!
greetings from Berlin
loki

Offline Lari77

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2003, 04:00:32 PM »
a quick translation right off the bat (hope my english teacher never gets to see that  :oops: ) hope it's somehow understandable

:mrgreen:

hello everybody!

just a few words - because i'm absolutely tired and k.o.
i arrived home well again - without traffic jam (in contrast to the journey there, when i needed 7 hours for 550 km!) or other unpleasentness. the night in the car i've survived fairish (?) (it has been quite cold) - but i forgot that after a hot bath and a few hours of recreative sleep in a real bed.

the concerts in Frankfurt and Bad Hersfeld were both brilliant, i preferred the latter even a bit more, and that not only because of "Roll Like A River"! :wink:
Tough i was really happy when the song was played.

about Frankfurt some has already been written, so just quick a few words about Hersfeld.
as there have been altogether three bands on stage, it started quite soon - i think it was about 21:00. Beat me, but i haven't kept an eye on my watch all the time. in any case the garden gang played a powerful show and also the audience liked them. i overslept ääähm (well) overchatted the second band  :( (i think they were called 'fucking faces'??? who can help?) .
at least i realized t.v.s stard and it was just great. at the end the garden gang joined him on stage and although they should have finished at 00:00, there was a solo-extra by t.v. around quarter past midnight and finally garden gang came again back on stage.
all in all 2 great shows, but too short, as usual! :wink:
no,no - was alright that way! i think t.v. could play for 4 hours on stage and you would still have the feeling that this or that song is still missing! but that's how it is, when you have too many good songs.

at the end nice greetings to kaenga, sloopy, lari and michael from Giessen (who is Paulaner at heart :wink: ).
it was nice to get to know you and i hope, we'll meet again at any show sometime! :)
nice greetings also to switzerland to Mariann and Rene! maybe the thing with berlin works, Rene!

Offline InaG

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2003, 06:20:04 PM »
Hi everyone!

I guess I haven't got much to add to what the others already said. The gig in Frankfurt was really great! For me it was the first time I saw TV live and I was absolutely impressed.
And, as loki already did, I want to greet everyone I met there and I hope to see you again soon. :D

Sloopy :)
Give me some place that I can go
where I don't have to justify myself..."

Offline loki

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
@ Lari!!!
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2003, 07:07:35 PM »
Boah Lari, many many thanks for the translation! You are very fast!!!  :)
greetings from Berlin
loki

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
translation
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2003, 08:17:55 AM »
Great Lari, that saves me a lot of work, as I'd promised to loki that I would translate if she wrote a review in German...  :)
Time flies when you watch TV play, so nearly every gig is too short!  :wink:
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Sloopy Goes Loopy Over TV
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2003, 09:56:22 AM »
For me it was the first time I saw TV live and I was absolutely impressed.
Sloopy_Punk

And another TUTS poster gets to see TV for the first time. :D

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight