TV Smith > TV Songs

TV Smith/Adverts song cover versions

(1/22) > >>

Rob-C:
I found a single recently in my record colllection from a group called Haggis - they are fom Boise, Idaho.  It was released in 1992 in a ltd. edition of 300.

So what, you may say?

Well, one of the songs on the 4 track e.p. is a decent cover of the very wonderful 'One Chord Wonders', and it got me wondering about other covers of TV Smith songs.  The only other one I knew of was Lords of the New Church covering 'The Lord's Prayer'.

Searching the web, I found that covers of 'Gary Gilmore's Eyes' were made by The Nutley Brass in 1996 and the London Punkharmonic Orchestra in 1998 - are these any good?

And are there any other TV Smith cover versions out there?

(PS - I'm not counting Suzy and Los Quatros doing 'New Church' or Die Toten Hosen doing 'Gary Gimore's Eyes' as TV sung on those versions).

Uli:
Yes, there are more covers out there, in fact we discussed this before:

http://www.tvsmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=1713.0

(Including a post of yours mentioning the Haggis single!)

Here's a short list of covers I gathered from that thread (I'm sure there's more):
Amen did "One Chord Wonders" (live at bbc studio 2004)
Church Of Confidence covered "Only One Flavour" (2004)
Die Toten Hosen covered "Runaway Train Driver" (single b-side 2002)
"Gary Gilmore's Eyes" was covered by Punk Lurex OK on vinyl issue of "Veljet, Siskot!"
 8)

Klaus:

--- Quote from: Rob-C on April 04, 2009, 09:45:22 PM ---
The only other one I knew of was Lords of the New Church covering 'The Lord's Prayer'.

--- End quote ---

Hello Rob-C!  :)

I wouldn't regard this as a cover.
As far as I know wrote TV the song especially for the Lords. They asked him.

Cheers
Klaus

Rob-C:

--- Quote from: Uli on April 05, 2009, 10:12:17 AM ---Yes, there are more covers out there, in fact we discussed this before:

http://www.tvsmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=1713.0

(Including a post of yours mentioning the Haggis single!)

Here's a short list of covers I gathered from that thread (I'm sure there's more):
Amen did "One Chord Wonders" (live at bbc studio 2004)
Church Of Confidence covered "Only One Flavour" (2004)
Die Toten Hosen covered "Runaway Train Driver" (single b-side 2002)
"Gary Gilmore's Eyes" was covered by Punk Lurex OK on vinyl issue of "Veljet, Siskot!"
 8)

--- End quote ---

Did I really?  You know - I have no recollection of this!  Premature senility must be setting in!

Thanks for the info!

Uli:
No probs, we've discussed many things for a second time (or more) and it's mostly good, because there's new aspects.

One more came to my mind to be added to the list:
Garden Gang covered "Eurodisneyland tomorrow" on their 1997 album ("Nation Of Diver Ducks" was the album title I think) and performed it live many times (also at gigs supporting TV).  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version