TUTS > World Chat

The Honours List - TV OBE? - Who is Your Hero of the Year?

(1/8) > >>

GJ:
The Queens honours list came out yesterday.A few years ago Sade got some award for services to music.I thought it was a spelling mistake and should really have said Slade.But no it was Sade! I couldn't believe it-she'd always been shit and had done fuck all for years. I guess in a way that was a big service to the music business.Since then I always look to see who has been honoured in the music biz and, apart from John Peel it's never anyone who deserves it. This year Joe Brown got one for services to music.He was also honoured by Mojo magazine for the same thing! Am I missing something here? The honours list should be scrapped along with the royal family but who makes these stupid decisions? There was an outcry yesterday that bruce forsyth had not been knighted. The irritating fucker should be shot if you ask me. Why not a T.V.O.B.E. or a Sir Knox or a Lord Bassick of Haltwistle?Going back to the Mojo awards-the lifeime achievement award went to...Yoko Ono!

Tj:
I know exactly what you mean GJ.

In my own little way I've done my bit to award those that truly deserve it and at Rising Talent we have an annual honours list that goes to our chosen hero of the year.

In 2007 it was won by Richard McCann who's dedicated his life to helping young people and prisoners to turn their lives around with the message if I Can you can.

In 2008 it was won by the man who helped me find my career and life purpose; Brian Mayne. A man who's goal is to help 7,000,000 live a better life.

These Hero of the Year awards are all a part of In Heroes Trust. Which is a free Self transformation programme that I take two people a year through.

In Heroes Trust is in honour to two very special people I know called C5 and TV Smith. I think you know why TV Smith is my definition of a hero. The qualities I love and within C5 are his generosity, honesty, loyalty and humility. Being generous anonymously is one of the keys to true happiness through detachment. C5 didn't ask for any praise or reward from TV when he sourced the publisher for his diaries. In fact he offered to pay for the first publication run. He also sold all his massive collection of Stiff Little Fingers CDs, vinyl and merch and gave the money away tp charity anonymously. For me these more Ghandi like qualities are the markings of a true hero.

I feel that my hero TV knows about true and false heroes too...

--- Quote ---BACKSTAGE BOB

Backstage Bob!
Backstage Bob!
Backstage Bob!

Some of them want the front page
Some of them want centre stage
Some of them just want to get their own names known
Some of them want the accolades
Even expect to get paid
Others know when youre better off left alone

Backstage Bob!
We miss you
When are you coming back?
We love you
For your friendly face
The laughter and the crac
Backstage Bob!
Youre the man
I wish I was
But only sometimes am
The life and soul
You left a hole
Backstage Bob!

Backstage Bob!
You rock!

When you look at all the vampires
Queueing up to be admired
You know that something somewhere has gone wrong
And yeah, you get sick of it
To see them buying into the counterfeit
But when you hear something you like you have to sing along

Backstage Bob!
We miss you
When are you coming back?
With your honesty, generosity
The laughter and the crac
Backstage Bob!
Youre the man
I wish I was
But only sometimes am
The heart and soul
You left a hole
Backstage Bob!
Backstage Bob!
Backstage Bob!
--- End quote ---

FredNoTimeToBe2021:
I agree with GJ on the whole, but I think Joe Brown may deserve our thanks - if somewhat indirectly.

Joe became a good friend of Eddie Cochran on the early Rock'n'Roll package tours and wondered how Eddie managed to play lead guitar the way he did. Eddie told him that instead of using a heavy gauge, wound G string (no jokes please!), he used another B string tuned down. Technically, you can bend this far more easily and get the lead guitar styles we are now so familiar with. Joe passed this on to others and so Eddie's technique became the standard one in rock. I'm sure Eddie would have passed this tip on himself if he had lived...

FredNoTimeToBe2021:
Yoko Ono?

Services to music?

Music?

FredNoTimeToBe2021:
I remember signing a petition to get Charlie Harper knighted a few years back...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version