Author Topic: Joe Strummer  (Read 51186 times)

Offline joe 90

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lackofinterest.com
    • Email
ok
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2003, 01:49:25 AM »
lets bury this right now.you like them i dont.done.ive enough enemies without making anymore. lets forget it.           markus.
ey kids dont go to space you cant breath very well.

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
London's Burying
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2003, 07:03:49 PM »
lets bury this right now.you like them i dont.done.ive enough enemies without making anymore. lets forget it. markus.

No problem Markus I was also going to bury this debate.

Here are my last words:

I do not have any problem with anyone not liking The Clash.

I do feel that making comments in an orbitury set of posts (I admit that you and Wilyfox may not have know that) about someones's intergrity, shortly after they have died, is in poor taste.

I hope I have taken the Wilyfox's comments about not being sad about Joe's death the wrong way. I may have.

I'm sorry that I have not been able to get over to anyone exactly why these posts have concerned me so much.

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
I Will Be Seeing Strummerville Again
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2003, 05:51:54 PM »
Hey Joe  :D What do you know :D

TV has been added to the bill of the Joe Strummer Remembrance Sunday gig at Brighton on November 9th, all profits to go to the Strummerville charity set up by his wife to help disadvantaged kids who are keen to get involved in music.
Line up to include a reformed Carter USM, Blaggers AKA, Attila The Stockbroker's Barnstormer, and many others.
More details to follow.

First details of TV's upcoming October US tour now added to the gig-list on the left.

I knew TV liked The Clash :D

Who else is up for this classic? :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Commandante Joe
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2003, 10:19:35 PM »
My home emails back up and working :D

I've just read this message from Attila:

And in November I’m organising Joe Strummer Remembrance Sunday at Brighton’s Concorde 2 on Sunday 9th – a tribute to a man who inspired so many of us, with all profits going to the Strummerville charity set up by his wife to help  disadvantaged kids who are keen to get involved in music. This will be an all day event with loads of bands, poets and a punk DJ and it will be a day to remember!
The reformed Blaggers AKA  (formerly ITA), Barnstormer and hard hitting antifascists The Stage Bottles from Frankfurt are already confirmed and there will be many, many more including some who are ‘famous...’more info soon.

Attila The Stockbroker

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline abused and confused

• The Impossible Person
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
i wont be there
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2003, 06:42:08 PM »
im too busy digging the garden or watching my currant crop of majic mushrooms developing.its far more important to me.
ts not the end but,the BEGINNING.

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
Final Mescaleros album
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2003, 08:17:37 PM »
right now listening to the final Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros album 'Streetcore'.
Great stuff. :D
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Essential
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2003, 07:50:06 PM »
Got Essential Clash yesterday - lovely stuff, although it does miss quite a number of 'essentiaal' Clash songs such as Hammersmith Palais, When Johnny Comes Matching Home, Clash City Rockers, Capitol Radio... But what a great band there were!

Alan

Offline frenzbob

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
Joe Strummer
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2003, 12:38:21 PM »
Alan get hold of clash on broadway includes the tracks you're missing and more!  :D
ello, good evening and welcome........

Offline fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
  • you will never know who you really are
    • MSN Messenger - info@stagefrite.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • stagefrite - keepin it live!
    • Email
mescaleros
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2003, 08:55:44 PM »
go to
http://www.strummersite.com/FRAMED%20PAGE.htm
download coma girl

a real treat for clash fans of old - my fave song of this year (sorry teev)

but swimming in the flood is no 2...

you will all love this!! :roll:

fleags
I got some presents for you boo-boo

Offline fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
bandwagon
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2003, 06:54:25 PM »
i would just like to say that CRASS are shit

they were just a bunch of ageing hippies who jumped on to the punk wagon - and tried to fool us all by selling their lp's for about a quid...
they were not even worth that! musically inept and incapable rubbish.
fleags

hope that stirs you all up!!  8O

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
agreement
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2003, 08:42:50 AM »
Sorry to say so, Fleagle, but I totally agree :!:
What I heard from Crass was tuneless shit...
Actually Captain Sensible recorded an EP with them (haven't got it though) and he said he thought their lyrics were good but the music was turgid, so he let them write the lyrics and he wrote the music.  :o
Every day this bus goes the same old route...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Confused
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2003, 05:38:26 PM »
Looks like it's a good job that Markus has left for good, CRASS is his favourite ever band!

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline unluckytwat

• One Chord Wonder
    • View Profile
yeah
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2003, 07:54:15 PM »
there music was awful as most crass "fans "would agree.but,it was the message .the anti war movement was re created because of them. vegetarinism was boosted by their actions they gave  thousands of pounds away to rape crisis etc etc .wasnt tv smith form the hippy era? i remember him quoting he liked bob dylan once, a man liked by thousands of hippys.so what if crass were hippys, what is punk?what did joe strummer ever change nothing apart from his guitar strings.(mayeb his underwear) didnt strummer have long hair until he jumped on the sex pistiols band wagon arnt all musicians influenced by someone? its where they draw thier ideas from. tj you need to get out more mate,ive only just joined here but lumey, how the hell you can post that many posts over one guy,do you stalk tv smith or what?its like its your obbsession.some of your posts are complete twaddle.who relly cares that much ? CRASS?  precisely.    shaun williams.

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Why Me?
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2003, 09:44:57 AM »
my last post.

its for the same reason why jock and dave damned have given up here.i mention a subject and straightaway tj will jump in with some intellectual theory about it .its gone dull here.you may be a life coach tj and yes i have my problems but, i deal with them my fucking way.live your own life stay outve mine.

Markus

i would just like to say that CRASS are shit

they were just a bunch of ageing hippies who jumped on to the punk wagon - and tried to fool us all by selling their lp's for about a quid...
they were not even worth that! musically inept and incapable rubbish.

fleags

Sorry to say so, Fleagle, but I totally agree  
What I heard from Crass was tuneless shit...

Uli

Looks like it's a good job that Markus has left for good, CRASS is his favourite ever band!

Tj

tj you need to get out more mate,ive only just joined here but lumey, how the hell you can post that many posts over one guy,do you stalk tv smith or what?its like its your obbsession.some of your posts are complete twaddle

Markus

Fleagle and Uli slag off your favourite band yet you fire your response at me. :? Why?

A few days ago you said you had gone for good, but you have just changed your name again and come back again. Why?

You imply that many people have left the forum because of me. Think about that for a minute.

You are right about one thing though Markus, I have also of late come to the conclusion that I need to spend far less time on this forum and focus on some more important things with my life. I'm sad to say that several times that I have come onto the forum recently expecting to feel happy and content, I find myself feeling quite the opposite.

I'm not taking my ball home and doing another Walk Away. I'll still keep sending the photo's and reviews, I simply wont be posting as much in future.

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
told you so
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2003, 06:27:20 PM »
Markus
i directed this post exactly to you - following your post re 'i am not gonna post here anymore' I thought that you didnt mean it really so I thought I would hit close to your heart!! and waited for a reaction..it obviously worked but why hide behind another mask?..i have met you ,drunk with you and actually like you ..but how long can you go behind the facade of markus abused and confused?..we are all a lot older and wiser and generally we all get on well...especially the 12 bar club gig - was great fun!! - why do you have a go at TJ? ..he is just enthusiastic ..and we all give him some joke about this..and all have a laugh..usually at his expense!..as a crass fan you will well understand the importance of sticking together for the common cause...(by the way didnt like their music )but I DID like what they stood for...so Markus GROW UP! you have friends here with a common interest and we ARE interested in what you have to say be it good or bad...you can't please all of the people all of the time but it its better to have a pont of view than not and if you mean it dont hide behind anonimity- because then you are just another faceless arsehole and count for nothing - say what you mean in YOUR name and we will listen debate and agree/disagree
what matters is on this forum you can say how you feel and NOT be chastised...if this is not good enough..I wil tell Gaye :twisted: