TV Smith > TV Chat

QU: How can YOU best help TV Smith the easy way? ANS: Review TV's CD's on Amazon

(1/5) > >>

Tj:
Here's an important question for all supporters and fans of TV Smith...

How can we best help TV?

At the recent Fulford Arms concert in York, Craig Casson was talking to me about how sad it is that he doesn't get to see as many live TV shows as he used to (now that he's so busy bring the drummer for both The Lurkers and 1977). He felt he was letting TV down by not arranging live shows for him like he used to.

I could really relate to what he was saying as I felt the same. (Although I'm busy performance coaching rather than drumming. ;) )

I had a chat about this with TV. He pointed out that if it wasn't for people in the past like Dave Thompson, Craig Casson, Klaus, C5, Fleagle and an army of TUTS (like Alan and Gabumon posting live songs on YouTube), Jamie Palmer and myself etc, etc helping TV he wouldn't be where he is now.

This got me thinking about other ways that TV's growing legion of fans can best help him.

Later on I was telling TV how grateful the author Steve Chandler was for the 5 star book reviews I'd written for him on Amazon (.co.uk & .com). TV wasn't at all surprised and went on to passionately share with me what a massive impact those positive Amazon reviews had on an author, singer-songwriter etc. We also spoke about how powerful e-mailing radio and TV shows (like Later) are.

I made a pledge to myself to write a 5 star review for all TV's albums on Amazon. (I'm still waiting for his first 4 star CD. ;) )

I realised that I don't have to write war and peace just something powerfully short and simple that helps people to check out TV. (Klaus calls this The Easy Way.)

Of course C5 was always doing things like this.

Let's be totally honest, Coming into Land deserved to be heard. It should have sold thousands of copies. It hasn't. Why? Because people don't know about it and because they haven't heard it. TV is a one man band with very little free time, so he needs all the help that he can get. I also fly solo and I know how important help is (several TUTS have helped me to grow my business - thank you).

We are legion. We are many. TV's true fan base is growing with each gig (yes even on Facebook).

I'm making an agreement with myself (and anyone who is reading this) to do my part.

"You get your miracle for just daring to ask?"

So I'm asking...

What can you do?

What are you actually going to do?

Can anyone think of any other ways that we can help TV?

Every little knock against the big door counts. Thank you for giving.

Thanks to Uli and Fred and all the other TUTS for keeping this forum Carrying On.

Thanks for 37 years of pleasure and inspiration Teev.

I know from our chat how much you appreciate all the help you receive.

Uli:

--- Quote from: Tj on April 14, 2014, 08:54:05 AM ---
This got me thinking about other ways that TV's growing legion of fans can best help him.

TV wasn't at all surprised and went on to passionately share with me what a massive impact those positive Amazon reviews had on an author, singer-songwriter etc.
--- End quote ---

TV told me similar things years ago when I talked about maybe writing an amazon review! (Which I did then.)

We are legion. We are many. TV's true fan base is growing with each gig (yes even on Facebook).
--- End quote ---

Especially in UK the docu by Jamie helped to open many doors.

What are you actually going to do?

Can anyone think of any other ways that we can help TV?

Every little knock against the big door counts. Thank you for giving.

Thanks to Uli and Fred and all the other TUTS for keeping this forum Carrying On.

--- End quote ---

Nice to read this, especially after reading your other current post ("I'm a w...")!  :)
What am I gonna do?
I will keep buying the albums (incl. re-releases) and reviewing some of them on amazon.
Keep going to live shows & keep telling people about the gigs. Reviewing gigs here (and possibly elsewhere).

What most of you can do is: keep telling promoters to book TV! Write reviews, mention the albums and gigs on other websites/forums and on FB (where you can e.g. share TV's posts about tours & gigs)!  8)

EKTAFF:
When visiting local gigs, I always plug TV and usually get a positive response..  but then that is it....

Mind you, we know that support in East Kent is not even pitiful (aka Westgate!!), but we cary on regardless.

What is happening regarding EB 2014 in the UK..  I havn't checked the latest postings following Klaus's post, so perhaps someone has already posted....  but then......

Uli:

--- Quote from: EastKentTaff on April 14, 2014, 04:20:00 PM ---What is happening regarding EB 2014 in the UK..  I havn't checked the latest postings following Klaus's post...
--- End quote ---

Why don't you check it then?  ???
There's a "view the most recent posts" thingy in this forum, also you can click on "show unread posts since last visit" at the top.

EKTAFF:

--- Quote from: Uli on April 15, 2014, 08:26:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: EastKentTaff on April 14, 2014, 04:20:00 PM ---What is happening regarding EB 2014 in the UK..  I havn't checked the latest postings following Klaus's post...
--- End quote ---

Why don't you check it then?  ???
There's a "view the most recent posts" thingy in this forum, also you can click on "show unread posts since last visit" at the top.

--- End quote ---

I was strating at page 1 and then working down..  of course the was a post regarding EB 2014...

Suitably "told off"  Uli......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version