Author Topic: Alvin Gibbs (feat. Leigh Heggarty, Brian James...)  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Alvin Gibbs (feat. Leigh Heggarty, Brian James...)
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »
Leigh Heggarty on FB:
So then - Hallowe'en. I'm obviously far too miserable to have anything to do with it under normal circumstances, but these are far from normal circumstances... today sees the release of the new single by Alvin Gibbs & The Disobedient Servants - the appropriately-titled 'Ghost Train'. Alvin is of course the bass player in The U.K. Subs who's also previously played with Iggy Pop and Cheap 'n' Nasty among many others - here he's joined by Subs sticksman Jamie Oliver and Godfathers guitar hero Steve Crittall, alongside guest guitarists Brian James (yes that's right, the chap that wrote 'New Rose') on the B-side 'Clumsy Fingers' and, incredibly, your humble narrator on the A-side. How on Earth did that happen? Anyway I might be a bit biased here but I think that it's a great record - see what you think, there are only 300 vinyl copies so I wouldn't hang about if I were you...
https://alvingibbsthedisobedientservants.bandcamp.com/releases
Every day this bus goes the same old route...

Offline FredNoTimeToBe2021

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin Gibbs (feat. Leigh Heggarty, Brian James...)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
A pair of decent songs there, but Alvin as a singer...
TV SM!TH - for GREAT songs "and the beer and the company"! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0BH5vU2hs)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
A pair of decent songs there, but Alvin as a singer...

Yeah, I thought the b-side sounded better!  8)
Every day this bus goes the same old route...

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email

Offline FredNoTimeToBe2021

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 07:10:50 PM »
...and SIX minutes to plug it tomorrow night!

Moan... Grumble... Not fair...
TV SM!TH - for GREAT songs "and the beer and the company"! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0BH5vU2hs)

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 09:41:17 AM »
Another single release from Alvin, Leigh & Jamie - due out at the end of August and available to pre-order:

Alvin Gibbs & the Disobedient Servants
15h  ·
For those of you who didn’t get to see a recent post of mine regarding the release of the new Alvin Gibbs and the Disobedient Servants’ 3 track vinyl ‘State of Grace’ single, here’s a briefer version for your perusal:
Time & Matter Records will be receiving the vinyl for the single from the manufacturers in August. These vinyl records will definitely arrive from the manufacturers at that time (we have received a fixed contracted shipping date from them), and thereafter will be swiftly posted out to everyone who pre-orders ahead of time. Meanwhile, as a means of enjoying these songs prior to receipt of the physical product, T&M are offering a free download of all three tracks from the single – ‘State of Grace’, ‘Too Bad She’s in Love’ and ‘Brother, Sister’ – to everybody who purchases one now, thus not only guaranteeing you a limited edition coloured splattered vinyl record with stunning sleeve artwork by Gaye Black (aka Gaye Advert) in a couple of months, but also allowing you instant access to the music it contains for your immediate listening pleasure. The link for pre-ordering the vinyl single and your immediate receipt of a download is: https://alvingibbsthedisobedientservants.bandcamp.com/
I’m certain that you’re really going to like these new musical offering from the Disobedient Servants and wish to thank you all in advance for supporting Jamie Oliver, Leigh Heggarty and I by pre-ordering our latest release. We will certainly be adding this material to our set when we gig again next year… now back to the FA Cup Final! A X