Author Topic: TV Gigs 2021  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2021
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »
Cheers Alan (no relation).

I havn't seen anything official about the 100 Club, but I would assume that that is off too.

There is though another "Cyber-Gig" on Tuesday, 5th Jan, by the same people who dis the one back in November.

The event no longer appears on the official 100 Club website.
An event scheduled to take place in May 2020 which had already been rescheduled to February 2021 has been rescheduled again to February 2022.
It seems unlikely Tier 4 restrictions will be lifted in the next 9 days.

EKTAFF

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
Cheers Alan (no relation).

I havn't seen anything official about the 100 Club, but I would assume that that is off too.

There is though another "Cyber-Gig" on Tuesday, 5th Jan, by the same people who dis the one back in November.

The event no longer appears on the official 100 Club website.
An event scheduled to take place in May 2020 which had already been rescheduled to February 2021 has been rescheduled again to February 2022.
It seems unlikely Tier 4 restrictions will be lifted in the next 9 days.
[/quote

Cheers Ken

EKTAFF

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 01:00:11 PM »
From 2020 Gigs

For those of you who watched the online Zoom gig hosted by some German fans in November...V2 is coming this Tuesday. Same deal as last time, 10 euros to receive the link to let you in - and hopefully this time you'll have less of a problem receiving it! Here's the event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/161612512379311/

EKTAFF

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 10:40:30 AM »
The latest Zoom gig went well last night, 50 people were in attendance including 5 Tuts (Me, Fred, Ilona, Alan, Mansunkind)

The set list will be up soon, but in brief it was:-

NABD
Lucky Ones
Flavour
Control
Replay
Delete
Lion
Lockdown
Clown
Race
Surf
Axe
Buried
String
Expensive
Imm
Gen
Eurodisney
Complaints
Mainstream
GG
BT
OCW
Bounce
Good Times
Drink
Pushed
RTD

Looks like there will be another one March/April time.

Offline FredNoTimeToBe2021

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 02:43:00 PM »
Great stuff again last night and many thanks to all involved.

If there is another one (that's not a 'private' birthday celebration), we should all push to get as large an attendance as possible - after all, it will hopefully be the final Lockdown gig.
TV SM!TH - for GREAT songs "and the beer and the company"! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0BH5vU2hs)

EKTAFF

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 07:50:00 PM »
Great stuff again last night and many thanks to all involved.

If there is another one (that's not a 'private' birthday celebration), we should all push to get as large an attendance as possible - after all, it will hopefully be the final Lockdown gig.

I thought about an Earthbound, but can only just about get my head around logging on, without the logistics of setting one up.   Any takers?

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 08:28:29 PM »
Surely that should be "Housebound"?!

Anyone got the organisational and IT skills we lack?
TV SM!TH - for GREAT songs "and the beer and the company"! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0BH5vU2hs)

EKTAFF

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »

Very quick Fred.

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »

Ha! Nice one, Fred 🙂
Down like a stick...

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 02:53:24 PM »
Thank you! Thank you!

I'm not only here all week, but, sadly, for the foreseeable future too...

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 07:10:15 PM »
Post today on Facebook about the possibility of another live Facebook show:

Tim Smith
2h 
"Yesterday I should have been on stage at the 100 Club in London for the Resolution festival...obviously that couldn't happen. So I'm thinking about another Facebook Live gig to make up for it. Maybe in two weeks, Sunday evening, and maybe this time a requests show. If you like the idea, and if there's a particular song you'd like to hear - please let me know in the comments below..."

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 05:19:33 PM »
Sadly, not a surprise:

https://slf.rocks/campaigns/662568

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 05:34:04 PM »

Tim Smith
2h 
"Yesterday I should have been on stage at the 100 Club in London for the Resolution festival...obviously that couldn't happen. So I'm thinking about another Facebook Live gig to make up for it. Maybe in two weeks, Sunday evening, and maybe this time a requests show. If you like the idea, and if there's a particular song you'd like to hear - please let me know in the comments below..."
Maybe some good news finally - the possibility of 2 Facebook gigs by TV?

"TV Smith
Wow, what a response! That's about 70 requests in one day since I put this post up on my two sites. A few of the songs just wouldn't work solo - but most would. That means I either have to severely thin out the requests, or do two gigs...hmmm..."

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 01:12:39 PM »

Tim Smith
2h 
Maybe some good news finally - the possibility of 2 Facebook gigs by TV?

"TV Smith
Wow, what a response! That's about 70 requests in one day since I put this post up on my two sites. A few of the songs just wouldn't work solo - but most would. That means I either have to severely thin out the requests, or do two gigs...hmmm..."
"Soundcheck" tonight?

"The request show has got up to around 100 songs now, so it looks like it will take a few gigs to get through them all. But first...I'm planning to stream from my home studio, which has a fairly poor internet connection, so I want to do a "soundcheck" first to make sure the broadcast will be good enough for you. I'll do one song, in fact the same song I usually do at real life soundchecks, and you can let me know if there are any problems with the stream. I won't tell you what song it will be - but Marco, Markus, Sharon and Alex all requested it, so I hope they'll be watching! How about tomorrow (Sunday) 6:00pm UK time/7:00pm Germany? https://www.facebook.com/TVSmith77"

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2021, 06:45:03 PM »
First request show for a series(?) of gigs looks like it's going to happen this coming Sunday:

"TV Smith
Thanks for all your comments! Seems like this is going to work so I think we're on for next Sunday. Actually, too many songs for one session so I think I'll do a run of Sunday request gigs. Let's go for a start time of 20:00 UTC/21:00 DE."